Saturday, October 27, 2018
Sparta High School
Fees and discounts
- First team: $65
- Additional teams: $60
- Discount for travelling more than 100 miles each way (determined by Google Maps): $10
- Discount for providing a working buzzer set: $5 (maximum $10)
- Discount for providing competent staff: $5 per staffer (maximum $10)
All discounts are subject to the discretion of tournament officials.
Question Set or Provider
Standard 20/20 Format - no powers, no negs, bouncebacks
Our tournament will consist of a minimum of eight games for all teams in the standard 20/20 format, with the following modifications:
- Each game shall consist of two halves of ten tossups each, with each correct tossup followed by a three-part bonus.
- Correct tossup answers are ten points each. We will not be awarding powers. No penalty will be assessed for interrupting the moderator with an incorrect answer. There are no math computation questions. All tossups are five seconds.
- The team that receives the bonus will have five seconds to answer each part. The moderator will prompt after four seconds. Each incorrect bonus part will immediately rebound. Unless otherwise specified in a bonus set, each bonus part shall be ten points each.
- In the event a game is tied after regulation, additional tossups shall be read until the next change in score.
- Each team shall have one 30 second timeout per half - use it or lose it. Substitutions, scorechecks, and team conferences may occur at the half, prior to overtime, or during any timeout called by either team.
- Teams rosters shall be limited to seven players; schools are encouraged to bring junior varsity and “B” teams to compete. Teams may play with fewer than four players, but must have at least two players. Rosters shall be submitted in advance and finalized at registration the morning of the tournament. Players may not change teams during the tournament.
Kyle Hill and Philip Hopkins